At Indy Black Professionals, we believe that equity and inclusion are essential to creating a thriving and just society. We are committed to supporting and empowering women of all backgrounds and identities, and we recognize the challenges that women continue to face in our society. Today, we celebrate the progress that has been made, but we also recognize the work that still needs to be done.
On this International Women’s Day, we invite you to join us in embracing equity and promoting gender equality. Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Attend a local International Women’s Day event to connect with like-minded individuals and learn more about the issues facing women in your community.
- Use your voice to speak out against gender-based discrimination and violence. Share your stories and experiences and encourage others to do the same.
- Support women-owned businesses and organizations that are working to promote gender equality and empower women in your community.
- Advocate for policies and practices that promote gender equity and inclusion in your workplace, school, or community.
- Educate yourself and others about the intersectional nature of gender inequality and how it impacts women of different backgrounds and identities.